Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

building Visual c++ project Mpeg4 decoder

fido_genial
Beginner
Hi all,

Please can some one tell me how do I created Visual c++ project files of MPEG4VIDEODECODER. I tried building JPEGVIEW project but there are some errors.

Thanks

fido

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Fido,

What is the relation between failed attempt to build JPEGView sample and MPEG4 MSVC project you are asking for?

Let's start from build issue. How do you build JPEGView? Did you use build scripts provided with this sample? What version of IPP do you use? Is JPEGView sample you use corresponds to IPP version you have?

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
fido_genial
Beginner
Hi

Installed Package for IA-32 w_ipp_ia32_p_5.3.3.082.exe
Jpeg version : w_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095.zip

I followed this procedure that was given in one of the intel links and the procedure as follows

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005.
  1. Select File New Project from Existing Code: Select Visual C++ as type of project you would like to create from the dropdown menu in the popup window. Fill the project file location and project name. Check Add files to the project from these folders check box. Click on Add button and select jpegview folder and click OK.
  2. Select View Solution Explorer (and make sure this window is active).
  3. Select Projects Properties.
  4. Under Configuration Properties C/C++ In the drop down menu titled Show directories for:, select Include Files, and then type in the directory for the Intel IPP include files (e.g. default: C:Program FilesIntelIPPX.Xia32include).
  5. In the drop down menu titled Show directories for:, select Library Files, and then type in the directory for the Intel IPP library files (e.g. default: C:Program FilesIntelIPPX.Xia32stublib or C:Program FilesIntelIPPX.Xia32lib).
  6. In the drop down menu titled Show directories for:, select Executable Files, and then type in the directory for the Intel IPP executable files (e.g. default: C:Program FilesIntelIPPX.Xia32in).
After doing these things i tried building project and it give following error

Error 9 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ddibwarning.h': No such file or directory d:intel ippw_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg2000applicationdiagnctxt.cpp 21
Error 10 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'geometry2d.h': No such file or directory d:intel ippw_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg2000commonimageimagecore.h 17
Error 11 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'geometry2d.h': No such file or directory d:intel ippw_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg2000commonimageimagecore.h 17
Error 12 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'genalg.h': No such file or directory d:intel ippw_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg2000commonstreamufferstream.h 18
Error 13 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'quant.h': No such file or directory d:intel ippw_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg2000jp2codestreamcommondjp2quantcomp. h 17
Error 14 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'image.h': No such file or directory d:intel ippw_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg2000jp2codestreamebcotcodeblock.h 19
Error 15 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fixedarray.h': No such file or directory d:intel ippw_ipp-samples_p_5.3.095ipp-samplesimage-codecsjpegviewjpeg2000jp2codestreamebcotdcodeblock.h 17

File ddibwarning.h is already there in JPEGVIEW directory under jpeg200 0/dib and in project drop files. I don't why it is not recogizing these file.
simliarly all other file geometry2d.h ... are there in the same directory and I have select enitre folder for project

Please can you help me out this problem

thanks
fido

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Fido,

remember you also need to allfolders to the compiler include search path (settings of project). In case of JPEG2000 codec tehre are a lot of folders which should be added, please see Makefile where it add folders to INCLUDE variable.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos