Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

building audio video codec samples

thejaswini_pgmail_co

hi ,
i am trying to build the video codec samples. but when i run the batch file, this is the error it throws on the command prompt.

pipeline\umc_pipeline :failed

the umc_pipeline file has the following error
codec_pipeline.cpp
C:\Users\jess\Desktop\ipp-samples\audio-video-codecs\io\audio_renders\include\dsound_buf.h(64): error: identifier "LPDIRECTSOUND8" is undefined

can somebody kindly tell me what could be done about this?
thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Emmanuel_W_
New Contributor I

hi ,
i am trying to build the video codec samples. but when i run the batch file, this is the error it throws on the command prompt.

pipelineumc_pipeline :failed

the umc_pipeline file has the following error
codec_pipeline.cpp
C:UsersjessDesktopipp-samplesaudio-video-codecsioaudio_rendersincludedsound_buf.h(64): error: identifier "LPDIRECTSOUND8" is undefined

can somebody kindly tell me what could be done about this?
thanks

What OS/Compiler are you trying to build with ?

Emmanuel
0 Kudos
thejaswini_pgmail_co
Quoting - eweber

What OS/Compiler are you trying to build with ?

Emmanuel
Windows Vista is the os.. using Intel Compiler Professional Edition.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

please check with IPP audio-video-codecs sample readme.htm file on what version of Microsoft DirectX SDK it depends on. I think you just have mismatch in DX version

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
thejaswini_pgmail_co
Hello,

please check with IPP audio-video-codecs sample readme.htm file on what version of Microsoft DirectX SDK it depends on. I think you just have mismatch in DX version

Regards,
Vladimir
hello,

Microsoft* DirectX* 9.0 SDK is what is quoted in the readme file. and i have installed DirectX9. i think it should be the same.
thanks
thejaswini
0 Kudos
thejaswini_pgmail_co
hello,
I have a clarification . I downloaded ipp-samples separately from the intel site after i downloaded the compiler 11.1 though this has a folder called 'samples'. but i was unable to extract files from the zip folder and also, there were no folders for video codes.
could this be of any problem? i am trying to build the ipp-samplesaudio-videocodes .
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
In audio-video-codecs ReleaseNotes.htm it mentioned that August 2007 DX9 SDK is required. Did you use this version?

Also note, that NOT ALL the deliveries of Microsoft* Visual C++*.NET* 2005 contains DirectX SDK in PlatformSDK provided, so it is recommended to install August 2007 DirectX 9 SDK to build successfully with Microsoft* Visual C++*.NET* 2005.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos