Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

building audio video codec samples

thejaswini_pgmail_co

hi ,
i am trying to build the video codec samples. but when i run the batch file, this is the error it throws on the command prompt.

pipeline\umc_pipeline :failed

the umc_pipeline file has the following error
codec_pipeline.cpp
C:\Users\jess\Desktop\ipp-samples\audio-video-codecs\io\audio_renders\include\dsound_buf.h(64): error: identifier "LPDIRECTSOUND8" is undefined

can somebody kindly tell me what could be done about this?
thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Emmanuel_W_
New Contributor I

hi ,
i am trying to build the video codec samples. but when i run the batch file, this is the error it throws on the command prompt.

pipelineumc_pipeline :failed

the umc_pipeline file has the following error
codec_pipeline.cpp
C:UsersjessDesktopipp-samplesaudio-video-codecsioaudio_rendersincludedsound_buf.h(64): error: identifier "LPDIRECTSOUND8" is undefined

can somebody kindly tell me what could be done about this?
thanks

What OS/Compiler are you trying to build with ?

Emmanuel
thejaswini_pgmail_co
Quoting - eweber

What OS/Compiler are you trying to build with ?

Emmanuel
Windows Vista is the os.. using Intel Compiler Professional Edition.
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hello,

please check with IPP audio-video-codecs sample readme.htm file on what version of Microsoft DirectX SDK it depends on. I think you just have mismatch in DX version

Regards,
Vladimir
thejaswini_pgmail_co
Hello,

please check with IPP audio-video-codecs sample readme.htm file on what version of Microsoft DirectX SDK it depends on. I think you just have mismatch in DX version

Regards,
Vladimir
hello,

Microsoft* DirectX* 9.0 SDK is what is quoted in the readme file. and i have installed DirectX9. i think it should be the same.
thanks
thejaswini
thejaswini_pgmail_co
hello,
I have a clarification . I downloaded ipp-samples separately from the intel site after i downloaded the compiler 11.1 though this has a folder called 'samples'. but i was unable to extract files from the zip folder and also, there were no folders for video codes.
could this be of any problem? i am trying to build the ipp-samplesaudio-videocodes .
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
In audio-video-codecs ReleaseNotes.htm it mentioned that August 2007 DX9 SDK is required. Did you use this version?

Also note, that NOT ALL the deliveries of Microsoft* Visual C++*.NET* 2005 contains DirectX SDK in PlatformSDK provided, so it is recommended to install August 2007 DirectX 9 SDK to build successfully with Microsoft* Visual C++*.NET* 2005.

Regards,
Vladimir