Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6708 Discussions

changing of encoding parameters in H264 sample codes

slayer583
Beginner

Hello, experts.

I read the sample codes of H264 for IPP.

And Iwant to change any encoding parameters, such as num_ref_frames or me_split_mode ...

If I change any variables, in H264EncoderParams::H264EncoderParams(),

these parameters are reflected into the encoding process?

In default, num_ref_frames = 1, me_split_mode = 0; me_search_x/y = 8;,

and I want to change into num_ref_frames = 5, me_split_mode = 2; me_search_x/y = 32.

However, num_ref_frames = 5 is not applied into encoding process, just value of 1 is applied.

Otherwise, change of other variable is applied.

And If me_split_modeis equal to2, I thank that the encoding process uses the 16x16, ... 8x8 mbTypes.

However, I cound't understand the using of the sub-partitions. Does sub-partitons are used in 8x8 blk?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

TG.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

I'm not quite understand your question. There is IPP audio-video-codecs sample which contain umc_video_enc_con application. You can look through it to see how .PAR files used to control encoding parameters.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
slayer583
Beginner

Hi,

I had read the readme.htm in umc_video_enc_con folder and I couldn't find appropriately explainments.

I had changed a variable num_ref_frames is equal to 5 in H264EncoderParams function.

However, in debug mode of VS2005, the value of num_ref in ME_P function is equal to 1 instead of num_ref_framesof 5.

I want to realize that this result is just my misunderstanding or right result.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

TG

0 Kudos