Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

competing libraries in IPP and MKL

jeff1
Beginner
Hello,

We are using both MKL and IPP under linux. Most libs are unique because their names contain
"mkl" or "ipp" or somesuch. However, several libraries have the same name in BOTH, but they are
different sizes!

My first question is "Do I need to use both?", and if so then my second question is "how do I link against both at the same time, and how do set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH?".

Thanks,
Jeff
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi Jeff,

what libraries you find with the same name? Is it about Intel Compiler provided libraries, like libiomp5?

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
jeff1
Beginner
Hi Jeff,

what libraries you find with the same name? Is it about Intel Compiler provided libraries, like libiomp5?

Regards,
Vladimir

Yes,
Specifically libiomp5, which is the new replacement for the libguide.so (also found in both mkl and ipp). These files might
be provided by other intel products, but we only use MKL and IPP, not Intel's compiler. There exist a libiomp5.so in
both the IPP and MKL products, and they are different.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Have you got any issues so far because of that? The latest Intel OpenMP run time library (libiomp5) should provide binary compatibility between different versions so it should not cause issues. Please let us know if you detect any problems with it.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos