Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6717 Discussions

compress / decompress grayscale images with 8 or more bits per pixel

florin_seceleanu
Beginner
I would like to know if I can use the IPP library to compress/decompress grayscale images with 8 or more bits per pixel to/from lossless JPEG . I think that older versions were limited to 8 bits.
Thank you,
F.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
JPEG codec in JPEGView sample supports lossless mode for 2..16 bit images. The limitation is that only 1 channel images are supported right now. Please let us know if you are interested in support formore channels
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
florin_seceleanu
Beginner

Thank you for your prompt answer.

1. Ok, so I understand that it does support images with only one channel that have 8, 10, 12 or 16 bit per channel. Am I correct?

2. How about JPEG2000, does it have the same support? I am very interested in that, too.

3. I wonder if there is any sample code that decompresses a grayscale image from JPEG, respectively from JPEG2000.

Thanks again,

F.

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi, I'm sorry for delay,

1. Yes, absolutely. You can look at JPEGView sample for more details. Actually it automatically scale output data to 8-bit range for display purpose, but you can change that.

2. Yes, again. Our JPEG2000 sample do support images with up to 32-bit per color component, see our JPEG2000 sample.

3.Yes, just download IPP JPEG samples

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos