Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

decyphering perfsys output?

amb_lew
Beginner

Hi All:

Can somebody point me to a reference on perfsys?We're trying to decypher what the columns mean.

In particular, we're interested in "clocks" and "per".

Also, how does "nLps" in comment field relate to the value shown in the time field?

Finally, how is "MFLOPS" calculated?

THANXS

amb

0 Kudos
2 Replies
smjones2
Beginner
From what I read in the ImageProcessing .PDf file, the columns mean different things depending upon what method is being tested. I had to wade through ImageProcessing vol. 2 and look up individual functions to see what each parameter meant in relation to that function. There are some functions listed in the CSV output, of course, that are not in the Vol. 2 so I sent an Email query, just like yoursef and probably got the same answer...none...from Intel. The nLps is Number of Loops. What little I learned comes from a LOT of searches through the .txt and .pdf files and I have a LOT of money on the line as to which processor I must purchase. If I am forced to Quad-core, I will have to really increase the size of my product to accomdate the cooling requirements.
0 Kudos
amb_lew
Beginner
0 Kudos