Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

function modes of mutiple types

lital
Beginner

hi,

Is there any efficient way of performing arithmetic and other (warp actually) functions
on images (arrays) of different types?

for example - ippiSub_8u32f_..

ippiWarpPerspective_8u32f_..

etc.

I am looking for some implementation faster than convert before these functions.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately, Intel IPP does not include such functions . You need to convert the image type first at this time.

So what is output data type, 8u, or 32f? We will forward it to Intel Image owners andsee if we can consider it in the future release.

Regards,
Chao

0 Kudos
lital
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the late response.

Most of my needs are for input of type 8u/16u (popular input images type) and output of type 32f, or 64 bit, used for further arithmetics and algorithms.

Hopefully will be inserted into future release..

thanx

lital

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

To be honest I do not think it will be significantly faster than conversion but it will add a lot of combination for data types. From our prospective, if you are going to implement some chain of high precision calculations it is better to convert image to appropriate data type.

Note, we keep increasing number of functions which support Ipp16u data type. Hope this help in your tasks.

Vladimir

0 Kudos