Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ipp installation under linux

Saman_T_
Beginner

After running ipp setup software is installed inside /opt/intel

To add the library to my programming IDE (QT), I added this path to the project file:

/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/lib/ia32

But, unfortunately, I still cannot find the ipp.h include file in my program.

is there anything wrong with the path? how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Can you see this directory  /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/include/   on your system?

0 Kudos
Saman_T_
Beginner

ls /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/include/
ippac.h  ippch.h    ippcv.h  ippdefs.h  ippgen.h  ippi.h  ippm.h  ippsc.h  ippvc.h       ippvm.h
ippcc.h  ippcore.h  ippdc.h  ippdi.h    ipp.h     ippj.h  ippr.h  ipps.h   ippversion.h

I included the file: #include "/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/include/ipp.h"

Now, i get another link error, undefined reference to`ippsGetLibVersion'  and  ld returned 1 exit status

To solve this I added the library LIBS += -L/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/lib/ia32

but it did not help!

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

pls read user's guide to see how to build your application with IPP.

0 Kudos
Saman_T_
Beginner

yes, i will.

0 Kudos
Saman_T_
Beginner

I have problem building a sample application. I did the following, could anyone check the steps and correct them: (ipp-8)

Set environment:   export ipp_install_path="/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/"
It is mentioned for dynamic link the steps are: For dynamic link, the command is:             $gcc -o main main.c -I <ipp install path>/em64t/include -L <ipp install path>/em64t/sharedlib -lippiem64t -lippsem64t -lippcoreem64t -liomp5 -lpthread -lm

I used this command instead: gcc -o main main.c -I /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/include -L /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.061/ipp/lib/ia32 -lippi -lipps -lippcore -liomp5 -lpthread -lm
main.c:1:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
main.c: In function ‘main’:
main.c:4:1: error: unknown type name ‘IppiSize’
main.c:4:1: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer [enabled by default]

How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos