Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

ipp-samples/audio-video-codecs/core/vm/vm_mmap_linux32.c fails to compile under Ubuntu 8.10

intensifi
Beginner

GCC 4.3.2 says that calls to open specifying O_CREAT in the second argument requires a third argument to be specified. I used 0666 based on some other google results.

Please forward this to the developer responsible for the sample code so a proper fix can be created.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander_Modenov__I
New Contributor I
Quoting - intensifi

GCC 4.3.2 says that calls to open specifying O_CREAT in the second argument requires a third argument to be specified. I used 0666 based on some other google results.

Please forward this to the developer responsible for the sample code so a proper fix can be created.

Best regards,

Very interesting because Ive not met any problems in VM compilation under Ubuntu 8.10 on IA32 computer.
What platform are you using?

0 Kudos
intensifi
Beginner
Quoting - q0015l

Very interesting because Ive not met any problems in VM compilation under Ubuntu 8.10 on IA32 computer.
What platform are you using?

Thinkpad T60. I also ran into the problem when I made a vmware VM with ubuntu 8.10 and updated to the most current ubuntu updates along witht he "build-essential" package of tools.

0 Kudos
Alexander_Modenov__I
New Contributor I
Quoting - intensifi

Thinkpad T60. I also ran into the problem when I made a vmware VM with ubuntu 8.10 and updated to the most current ubuntu updates along witht he "build-essential" package of tools.

Yes, thanks. I've met this problem too. Now problem line in vm_mmap.linux32.c will be the following

handle->fd = open(file, O_RDWR | O_CREAT, VM_DEFAULT_MAP_CREATE_MODE);

PS. The third parameter for open(.....) was optional up for gcc 4.3.2. And even for this compiler without -O2 switch compilation will be OK.

0 Kudos