Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
intensifi
Beginner

ipp-samples/audio-video-codecs/core/vm/vm_mmap_linux32.c fails to compile under Ubuntu 8.10

GCC 4.3.2 says that calls to open specifying O_CREAT in the second argument requires a third argument to be specified. I used 0666 based on some other google results.

Please forward this to the developer responsible for the sample code so a proper fix can be created.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexander_Modenov__I
New Contributor I

Quoting - intensifi

GCC 4.3.2 says that calls to open specifying O_CREAT in the second argument requires a third argument to be specified. I used 0666 based on some other google results.

Please forward this to the developer responsible for the sample code so a proper fix can be created.

Best regards,

Very interesting because Ive not met any problems in VM compilation under Ubuntu 8.10 on IA32 computer.
What platform are you using?

intensifi
Beginner

Quoting - q0015l

Very interesting because Ive not met any problems in VM compilation under Ubuntu 8.10 on IA32 computer.
What platform are you using?

Thinkpad T60. I also ran into the problem when I made a vmware VM with ubuntu 8.10 and updated to the most current ubuntu updates along witht he "build-essential" package of tools.

Alexander_Modenov__I
New Contributor I

Quoting - intensifi

Thinkpad T60. I also ran into the problem when I made a vmware VM with ubuntu 8.10 and updated to the most current ubuntu updates along witht he "build-essential" package of tools.

Yes, thanks. I've met this problem too. Now problem line in vm_mmap.linux32.c will be the following

handle->fd = open(file, O_RDWR | O_CREAT, VM_DEFAULT_MAP_CREATE_MODE);

PS. The third parameter for open(.....) was optional up for gcc 4.3.2. And even for this compiler without -O2 switch compilation will be OK.