Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6709 Discussions

ipp-samples building with provided makefile - how-to enable debugging info for VS2005?

Yaroslav_Korchevsky
I have a need to build ipp-samples 7.0.6 in VS 2005 or later with provided build_32.bat script.
Also, I need either supplemental debug files or debugging info built in object files.
I tried to play with compiling options in makefile, but vainly.
Simple copying compiler keys from VisualStudio project didn't help
Seems, C compiler invoked from command line and VisualStudio environment works differently.
Could you help to find compiler options for including debugging information into ipp-samples build?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sergey_K_Intel
Employee
Hi,
You need to make sure C/C++ compiler options /Od /Zi (no optimization + generate debug info) finally get to compiler command line and /DEBUG option gets to linker command line.
The structure of makefiles is different for different samples. Sometimes the sample has single makefile (usually Makefile in sample's root directory), sometimes. if application contains sub-projects (like libraries), there are additional makefiles (*.mak) in sub-project root directory.
You'll need to change CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, LDFLAGS variables in makefile (not sure if their names are equal in all makefiles). In case of problems, please specify the samples you want to modify.
Regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
pvonkaenel
New Contributor III
I think the samples also include standard VisualStudio project files which provide both release and debug configurations. That's what I've used in the past instead of the batch file.

Peter
0 Kudos