Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

ippiFilterMedian works only for square masksize

micromysore1
Beginner
hi,
ippiFilterMedian_8u_C1R works only for
3x3
5x5
odd square mask sizes .. is that a functionality ??

-madan
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
I'm not quite understand your question. Are you asking about some features of IPP function which might be missed?
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
micromysore1
Beginner
okies .. here it goes ..
i am trying to use the following functions ..

ippiFilter_8u_C1R
The destination is filled with all ZEROS if the height of the kernel matrix is EVEN i.e. functions fails for masksizes 1x2 or 2x2 or 4x4 or 3x4 or 3x2

ippiFilterBox_8u_C1R
The destination is filled with all ZEROS if the height or width is equal to ONE i.e. function fails for all mx1 or 1xn masksizes

ippiFilterMedian_8u_C1R
The destination is filled with all ZEROS if the mask size is not odd square, ex. it works only for sizes 1x1 or 3x3 or 5x5

-micromysore
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
The mask size must be odd but it is not required to be square. The mask sizes are legal:

1x1 1x3 1x5 ,,, 1x(2n-1)
3x1 3x3 3x5 3x(2n-1)

(2m-1)x1 (2m-1)x3 (2m-1)x5 (2m-1)x(2n-1)

n and m are natural numbers.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos
micromysore1
Beginner
is that restriction of being odd only for FilterMedian or any filter that uses "IppiSize maskSize"

thank you.

-micromysore
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

This restriction is for FilterMedian only. You can find the mask size restrictions description for every particular filter in the manual. For example the general ippiFilter works with an arbitrary mask size.

Regards,
Vladimir

0 Kudos