Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

ippsMul_32f32fc changes input array

YNNL
Beginner

Hi all,

I found something unexpected using the ippsMul_32f32fc function. Its description says that it multiplies the elements of two source arrays and stores the result in a destination array. Checking my two source arrays after the operation, I see that the second source array values have been changed. Even though this is perfectly possible, given the fact that we use a const pointer, but not necessarily const values, I would still expect that this function would not change the source arrays, or at least there should be a warning that it does.

Is this intended and should I just not try to reuse my source array, or is it actually not supposed to happen. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YNNL
Beginner

Never mind, looks like something fishy in the memory allocation outside this function. Consider this topic closed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
YNNL
Beginner

Never mind, looks like something fishy in the memory allocation outside this function. Consider this topic closed.

View solution in original post