Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

licensing issue

alienpenguin
Beginner
Hi, if i have purchased a license of IPP may i distribute/sell an app that uses the g729 speech codec? or should i get a license for such codec from siprolab?
thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
if you have purchased a commercial version of IPP then you can distribute your application.
There is no royalty fee for redistribution of Intel IPP. Please check the Intel IPPend user license agreementfor more details.
0 Kudos
alienpenguin
Beginner
Hi Gennady, thanks for replying here as well :)
without a doubt i can, by terms of IPP license, redistribute the ipp libs... but i am wondering if the patent that affects g729 is already covered by intel or not. I mean, ok i do not have to pay royalties to intel, but am i clear of royalties to g729 patent holders?
on their website they claim an initial fee of 15k$ and subsequent royalties for each element using g729.
thanks again for your clarifications
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel
Hello,

You can check the license FAQ here:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-integrated-performance-primitives-faq/

What are the license terms and/or license fees for using Intel IPP samples?

Intel IPP samples are provided to show how to use Intel IPP functionality. Some of these samples illustrate the use of Intel IPP in implementing functionality defined by industry standards. These samples are not product-feature-complete codec solutions.

When products are built in accordance to industry standards, there is often intellectual-property licensing involved. Such industry standards are international standards promoted by various standards bodies, such as ISO, ITU-T, and other organizations. When companies produce products in accordance with industry standards, they must ensure that they secure the appropriate technology and intellectual property licensing from the standards bodies and other third parties. Intel IPP material provides pointers to the standards bodies. Industry-standard licensing is not provided as part of Intel IPP, nor is it provided with these example illustrations.

0 Kudos