Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

link error with libippcc.a on linux: "unresolvable R_386_GOTOFF"

Peng_L_1
Beginner

Hi,

we met a link error on Linux platform

/usr/bin/ld: /opt/intel/ipp/lib/ia32/libippcc.a(jmp_ippiYUV420ToRGB_8u_P3C3_as.o)(.text+0x10): unresolvable R_386_GOTOFF relocation against symbol `ippJumpIndexForMergedLibs'
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Could you help to take a look how to fix this? the intel compiler version is  l_ipp_8.2.2.187 l_ccompxe_2015.3.187 l_compxe_2015.3.187

Thanks,

Peng

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Igor_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Peng,

I think you've forgotten to add ippcore.a library to the link cmd. All IPP libraries depend on ippcore and it has this symbol definition (that is required for static dispatching).

regards, Igor.

0 Kudos
Peng_L_1
Beginner

Thanks Igor,

Actually, I have linked libippcore.a. and here is my link command

-Ltarget/repo/linux2-x86/Release/lib -lippcc -lippvm -lippvc -lippcv -lippsc -lipps -lippcore

and the error

/usr/bin/ld: target/repo/linux2-x86/Release/lib/libippcc.a(jmp_ippiYUV420ToRGB_8u_P3C3_as.o)(.text+0x10): unresolvable R_386_GOTOFF relocation against symbol `ippJumpIndexForMergedLibs'
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

but if we link these libs with dynamic libs, it's ok. only when we link with static, have this issue.

Thanks,

Peng

0 Kudos
Pavel_B_Intel1
Employee

Hello Peng,

IPP 8.2 Linux IA32 contains some issues with PIC format, but I have never seen such linkage problems with IPP libraries, could you provide a bit more info how do you link the project and please double check that you use libraries from $IPPROOT/lib/ia32, not from: $IPPROOT/lib/ia32/nonpic folder.

Pavel

0 Kudos