Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

mpeg4_enc sample could not pass building

guestb
Beginner
hi
I have try to build mpeg4_enc sample.
But error .

error 1 fatal error C1083: could not open file:ippdefs.h: No such file or directory d:\Intel\w_ipp-samples_p_6.1.0.038\ipp-samples\audio-video-codecs\codec\mpeg4_enc\include\mp4_enc_bitstream.hpp 13 mpeg4_enc

I have searched my computer, not find the file ippdefs.h

How should I do?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Hi,

Have you installed Intel IPP libraries? It is a separated package from Intel IPP sample code.

After installation, it will be located at the folder by default:
C:Program FilesIntelIPPx.x.x.xxx(version number)ia32include

Before building the sample code, it also needs to set IPPROOT environment variable, and install DirectX 9 SDK first. You can check ReleaseNotes.htm at audio-video-codecs folder for more information on building steps.

Thanks,
Chao

jon_shadforth
Novice
Quoting - guestb
hi
I have try to build mpeg4_enc sample.
But error .

error 1 fatal error C1083: could not open file:ippdefs.h: No such file or directory d:Intelw_ipp-samples_p_6.1.0.038ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecscodecmpeg4_encincludemp4_enc_bitstream.hpp 13 mpeg4_enc

I have searched my computer, not find the file ippdefs.h

How should I do?

Where did you install IPP? For example, on my machine the installation is in:

C:Program FilesIntelIPP5.3.3.082ia32

... and my include files are in:

C:Program FilesIntelIPP5.3.3.082ia32include

ippdefs is in the above directory.

Also - which build batch file are you using. On my machine I ran build32.bat in the audio-video-codecs sample folder to build everything. (This worked fine after I'd edited directx_sdk.bat to setup for my particular version of direct x).

jon

Chao_Y_Intel
Employee

Jon,

IPP sample code version is 6.1, and IPP library is 5.3.
These versions need to be matched. You can download IPP 6.1 from:

https://registrationcenter.intel.com

Thanks,
Chao

guestb
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)
Hi,

Hi,

Have you installed Intel IPP libraries? It is a separated package from Intel IPP sample code.

After installation, it will be located at the folder by default:
C:Program FilesIntelIPPx.x.x.xxx(version number)ia32include

Before building the sample code, it also needs to set IPPROOT environment variable, and install DirectX 9 SDK first. You can check ReleaseNotes.htm at audio-video-codecs folder for more information on building steps.

Thanks,
Chao

guestb
Beginner
Quoting - Chao Yu (Intel)

Jon,

IPP sample code version is 6.1, and IPP library is 5.3.
These versions need to be matched. You can download IPP 6.1 from:

https://registrationcenter.intel.com

Thanks,
Chao

I do not find IPP library 6.1?
Can you please paste the code?
Thanks.
Chao_Y_Intel
Employee
Quoting - guestb

I do not find IPP library 6.1?
Can you please paste the code?
Thanks.

IPP 6.1 package is more than 250M. It can be downloaded from registration center:
go the website: https://registrationcenter.intel.com/

Select "Register users login"
Use your user/password" to login into the website. (If you do not have a license, you can also apply for eval licensee for evaluation purpose).

After login, you can select "Intel Integrated Performance Primitives for Windows*" to download the package.

Thanks,
Chao