Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

printf_32f error

Knoght
Beginner

I'm trying to use IPP (eval for 30 days).

I used this example for FFT:

Ipp32f x[8], X[10];
int n;

IppStatus status;
IppsFFTSpec_R_32f* spec;

status = ippsFFTInitAlloc_R_32f (&spec, 3, IPP_FFT_DIV_INV_BY_N, ippAlgHintNone);
for (n=0; n<8; ++n) x = (float)cos(IPP_2PI *n *16/64);

status = ippsFFTFwd_RToCCS_32f (x, X, spec, NULL);
ippsMagnitude_32fc ((Ipp32fc*)X, x, 4);

ippsFFTFree_R_32f (spec);

printf_32f("fft magn=", x, 4, status);

return status;

All is ok if I comment "printf_32f(...)". I haven't used this function since now, but i can't find anything about on the net. I'm using an i7-720QM so I'm using "IPP for Intel 64 Architecture", I've linked all possible .lib but "printf_32f(...) is a "unrecognised symbol".

What's my mistake?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
It seems you copied that piece of code from documentation? Obviously printf_32f is some wrapper on top of usual C run time printf functions which output to console floating point values. The realization of that should be somewhere in documentation from where you copied the code

You also can substitute that call with your realization which may output to console array of FP values.

Regards,
Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
It seems you copied that piece of code from documentation? Obviously printf_32f is some wrapper on top of usual C run time printf functions which output to console floating point values. The realization of that should be somewhere in documentation from where you copied the code

You also can substitute that call with your realization which may output to console array of FP values.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Knoght
Beginner
You are right, I've copied the code from documentation. I suppose printf_32f() was on library, now I'm looking for it in documentation. Thank to give me an indication, for me it's very important because I'm alone here :P
If I can't find, I'll tell you. Can I?
Thank you Vladimir.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Sure! That's why we maintain that forum isn't it?

BTW, if there is no that function in documentation (by mistake for example) you can use any technique you know to dump array of FP values to console.

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
Knoght
Beginner
Yep, all ok here. I made a realization of printf_32f and works fine. It's the proof that I was in panic :) (29 days left) :P
Thank you again :)
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Do not be in panic with 30 day evaluation period. There is no time bomb in IPP, it still be fully functional out of evaluation period. During30 days evaluation you will have technical support and you may contactIntel Premier Supportchannel in case you need longer evaluation period

Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos