Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

problems compiling ipp-samples on windows

alienpenguin
Beginner
Hi, i was trying to compile ipp-samples 7.0.1.41 on windows Xp using VS2008

since i am interested in speech codec i moved to the speech-codec subfolder and used the

build-ia32.bat script passing the cl9 parameter (wouldn't be better if the script offered some options?)

it failed saying file not found and syntax error
then i executed the ippvars.bat (passing ia32 as param) from c:\\program files\\intel\\composerXe-2001\\ipp\\bin\\
but still failed.

I managed to solve it by:
1) unzipping again the samples
2) exporting the IPPROOT variable to c:\\program files\\intel\\composerXe-2001\\ipp\\ (Again, why the windows installer does not set it?)
3) calling the ippvars.bat script
4) calling the build-ia32.bat cl9 script

are there any other steps to take?
is there a KB or some other web page about ipp-samples?

thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
There really isn't a good KB on building the samples. A few keys to making sure the sample build scripts work:

- make sure "ipp-samples" is included in the directory name (don't try to change the directory layout)
- sample scripts assume they will find compilers in the "standard places" -- \program files
- best to run the build scripts from the respective sample directories -- don't run the "buildall.bat" script
- set IPPROOT variable to preferred IPP installation (especially if you have multiple IPP installs)

That's all I can think of for now...

Paul
Chao_Y_Intel
Employee

Hello,

In the readme file of each sample code (e.g ipp-samples\speech-codecs\readme.htm), it includes one section on "How to Build Source Code", it provides the building steps.

During the building, it will create \_log folder. If you got any error, you can check that folder to learn the problem.

Thanks,
Chao