Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
6704 Discussions

problems compiling ipp-samples on windows

alienpenguin
Beginner
Hi, i was trying to compile ipp-samples 7.0.1.41 on windows Xp using VS2008

since i am interested in speech codec i moved to the speech-codec subfolder and used the

build-ia32.bat script passing the cl9 parameter (wouldn't be better if the script offered some options?)

it failed saying file not found and syntax error
then i executed the ippvars.bat (passing ia32 as param) from c:\\program files\\intel\\composerXe-2001\\ipp\\bin\\
but still failed.

I managed to solve it by:
1) unzipping again the samples
2) exporting the IPPROOT variable to c:\\program files\\intel\\composerXe-2001\\ipp\\ (Again, why the windows installer does not set it?)
3) calling the ippvars.bat script
4) calling the build-ia32.bat cl9 script

are there any other steps to take?
is there a KB or some other web page about ipp-samples?

thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
There really isn't a good KB on building the samples. A few keys to making sure the sample build scripts work:

- make sure "ipp-samples" is included in the directory name (don't try to change the directory layout)
- sample scripts assume they will find compilers in the "standard places" -- \program files
- best to run the build scripts from the respective sample directories -- don't run the "buildall.bat" script
- set IPPROOT variable to preferred IPP installation (especially if you have multiple IPP installs)

That's all I can think of for now...

Paul
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

In the readme file of each sample code (e.g ipp-samples\speech-codecs\readme.htm), it includes one section on "How to Build Source Code", it provides the building steps.

During the building, it will create \_log folder. If you got any error, you can check that folder to learn the problem.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos