since i am interested in speech codec i moved to the speech-codec subfolder and used the
build-ia32.bat script passing the cl9 parameter (wouldn't be better if the script offered some options?)
it failed saying file not found and syntax error
then i executed the ippvars.bat (passing ia32 as param) from c:\\program files\\intel\\composerXe-2001\\ipp\\bin\\
but still failed.
I managed to solve it by:
1) unzipping again the samples
2) exporting the IPPROOT variable to c:\\program files\\intel\\composerXe-2001\\ipp\\ (Again, why the windows installer does not set it?)
3) calling the ippvars.bat script
4) calling the build-ia32.bat cl9 script
are there any other steps to take?
is there a KB or some other web page about ipp-samples?
- make sure "ipp-samples" is included in the directory name (don't try to change the directory layout)
- sample scripts assume they will find compilers in the "standard places" -- \program files
- best to run the build scripts from the respective sample directories -- don't run the "buildall.bat" script
- set IPPROOT variable to preferred IPP installation (especially if you have multiple IPP installs)
That's all I can think of for now...
In the readme file of each sample code (e.g ipp-samples\speech-codecs\readme.htm), it includes one section on "How to Build Source Code", it provides the building steps.
During the building, it will create \_log folder. If you got any error, you can check that folder to learn the problem.