Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

searching for 2D interpolation

Anirudh
Beginner

I was searching for a 2D interpolation function in IPP image processing library or MKL, which can do the following...

Given an input matrix of let say size 2000x15, lets say xaxis corresponds to integers from 0 to 4000. yaxis corresponds to floating point numbers between 0 to 1.0.  The zaxis is also floating point with values varying from 0.0 to 2.0

I want to get the values of znew, at (xnew,ynew) where xnew is one of the values found in xaxis ie. between 0 to 4000.  But ynew is a floating point value between 0 to 1.0, which may or may not be found in the yaxis value vector.   I need to do this thousands of times where ynew are always varying in from previous ynew values. (ie ynew is not always equally spaced, but can be any value between 0 to 1.0)

I looked at the image processing functions, and the ones which I can find, would resize the image only at a given new grid which is some factor of previous input grid.  Given in my case the ynew is varying and can be any value between 0 to 1.0, i cant define a fixed factor between ynew and input yaxis.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I'm Not sure that processing you've described could be done with just one call to some IPP function.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

there is 1D spline available in MKL started since verion 11.0. There are no 2D Splines availabe neither in IPP or MKL.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...the ones which I can find, would resize the image only at a given new grid which is some factor of >>previous input grid... You possibly know that IPP is based on IPL ( Image Processing Library ) and the following set of IPL functions could be used for processing: iplCreateImageHeader iplAllocateImageFP iplCreateConvKernelFP iplConvolveSep2DFP iplDeleteConvKernelFP iplDeallocate iplGetErrStatus
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

that's not completely correct. moreover IPL is no longer supported ( ~ 10 years ).

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>... IPL is no longer supported ( ~ 10 years )... Actually, this is a good thing because there are No any new software bugs and the library is very stable! Also, IPL is still used in some projects.
0 Kudos