Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
2166 Discussions

[BUG] Compiling with LLVM-based Intel MPI compilers (oneAPI)

Diehl__Martin
Novice

Describe the bug

configure stops with error. It is invoked with

./configure CC="mpiicc -cc=icx" CXX="mpiicpc -cxx=icpx" F90="mpiifort -fc=ifx" FC="mpiifort -fc=ifx" F77="mpiifort -fc=ifx" --enable-shared --enable-parallel --enable-fortran --with-zlib=yes --with-szlib=no

Expected behavior

Installation with Intel oneAPI LLVM compilers should be possible

Platform (please complete the following information)

• HDF5 1.12.2
  • Arch Linux (Kernel 6.0.2-arch1-1)
  • Intel oneAPI 2022.3.0.8767 (BaseKit + HPCKit)
  • Gnu Make 4.3

Additional context

It seems that configure finds the classic intel compilers

• compiler 'mpiicc -cc=icx' is Intel icc-2022.2.0
  • compiler 'mpiifort -fc=ifx' is Intel ifort-2022.2.0
  • compiler 'mpiicpc -cxx=icpx' is Intel icpc-2022.2.0

see also https://github.com/HDFGroup/hdf5/issues/2186

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Intel forums.

Could you please let us know if you are facing any errors while configuring HDF5 using the Intel oneAPI compilers(icx,icpx,ifx)?

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
Diehl__Martin
Novice

./configure CC="mpiicc -cc=icc" CXX="mpiicpc -cxx=icpc" F90="mpiifort -fc=ifort" FC="mpiifort -fc=ifort" F77="mpiifort -fc=ifort" --enable-shared --enable-parallel --enable-fortran --with-zlib=yes --with-szlib=no

works. I think the issue is that the build system cannot discriminate the compilers and uses options or expects behavior that work for the traditional compilers but not for the new ones.

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm if you are facing a similar error as shown below? If not, please provide us a screenshot of the error you are facing.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 124014.png

Thanks & regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
Diehl__Martin
Novice

I can confirm that. I think the interesting information is in the this statement from config.log:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -loopopt=1: No such file or director

to me it seems that there is a dash missing and it is interpreted as a single character statement -l='oopopt=1'

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

We Assume that your issue is resolved. So could you please confirm to close this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

I assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos