Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

MPI program debugging

worknoheart
Beginner
Hi, I'd like to ask you some questions about debugging MPI parallel programs. I set a breakpoint in my MPI program, but when I debug it, I find that the program does not stop at the breakpoint, Does anyone know how to set breakpoints in MPI programs ? My development environment is as follows: OS: Windows 11 IDE: Visual studio 2019 MPI Library: intel mpi language: fortran
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Intel forum.

Could you please provide us with details of the version of Intel oneAPI and Visual Studio you have been using?

Could you also please provide us with the sample reproducer and the steps you followed to reproduce the issue at our end?

Let us know whether you are facing this issue only with your reproducer or with any program(MPI+fortran)

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
worknoheart
Beginner

Thank you for your attention to this issue, I have solved this problem. breakpoint debugging is actually independent of the visual studio version. The key is debugging skills.  After I attach the mpi program to the process, I can hit the breakpoint.

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved.If you need any additional information,please post a new question as this thread will be no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos