Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

Problem lauching mpiexec

Olivier_B_
Beginner

Hello,

I do not succeed in lauching mpiexec. I'm working with Intel Fortran Compiler 11.1, and Intel parallel studio XE 2015, on windows 7.

In fact I'm using mpiexec to launch a hydraulic simulation with TELEMAC software (http://www.opentelemac.org). This software uses for parallel simulation MPICH2.

When I launch the command "mpiexec -n 4 xxx.exe", I'm asking to give my Account and my password. Is this password the password of the user of the computer? Or is it a password given by Intel with the installation?

Sorry my question is maybe not clear, but I'm a beginner in this field.

Olivier

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

That password request would not be coming from an Intel installation. I suppose it is for Mpich to gain privileges or for your application to access data.  Intel doesn't support mpich although Intel mpi was derived from it.

0 Kudos
Gergana_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Olivier,

As Tim mentioned, we don't support MPICH2 so I would recommend posting on the MPICH mailing list for more details.

I do know that Intel MPI (which is based on MPICH) does rely on Windows to provide authentication information when running a distributed job across the cluster.  You should either register your user credentials on the machine, or setup Active Directory (AD) for the system (or ask your administrator to do that).

If this is running on a single machine only (not a Windows cluster), check if MPICH has something similar to the -localonly option for mpiexec.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
~Gergana

0 Kudos