Intel® MPI Library
Get help with building, analyzing, optimizing, and scaling high-performance computing (HPC) applications.

unable mpiexec remote computer

BackSunho
Novice

when i mpi test at my local computer is ok
but remote computer can't do it

C:\Users\SJ046\Desktop\Sim\Test>mpiexec -machine hosts.txt test_mpi
[mpiexec@SJ046] HYDI_bstrap_service_launch (bstrap\service\service_launch.c:432): server rejected credentials
[mpiexec@SJ046] remote_launch (bstrap\src\intel\i_hydra_bstrap.c:607): error launching bstrap proxy
[mpiexec@SJ046] single_launch (bstrap\src\intel\i_hydra_bstrap.c:665): remote launch error
[mpiexec@SJ046] launch_bstrap_proxies (bstrap\src\intel\i_hydra_bstrap.c:849): single launch error
[mpiexec@SJ046] HYD_bstrap_setup (bstrap\src\intel\i_hydra_bstrap.c:1043): unable to launch bstrap proxy
[mpiexec@SJ046] HYD_print_bstrap_setup_error_message (intel\i_mpiexec.c:1027): error setting up the bootstrap proxies
[mpiexec@SJ046] Possible reasons:
[mpiexec@SJ046] 1. Host is unavailable. Please check that all hosts are available.
[mpiexec@SJ046] 2. Cannot launch hydra_bstrap_proxy.exe or it crashed on one of the hosts. Make sure hydra_bstrap_proxy.exe is available on all hosts and it has right permissions.
[mpiexec@SJ046] 3. Firewall refused connection. Check that enough ports are allowed in the firewall and specify them with the I_MPI_PORT_RANGE variable.
[mpiexec@SJ046] 4. service bootstrap cannot launch processes on remote host. You may try using -bootstrap option to select alternative launcher.

remote computer same mpi and
regist&validate done

my computer network is PAT

window 10 Home edition

sorry for my english

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TobiasK

@BackSunho regarding active directory setup I have to redirect you to MS support.

Best
Tobias

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TobiasK

@BackSunho 
which version of Intel MPI are you using?
Please follow the new authentication methods described here:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/mpi-library/developer-guide-windows/2021-11/user-authorization.html

0 Kudos
BackSunho
Novice

My Intel MPI version is
Intel(R) MPI Library for Windows* OS, Version 2021.6 Build 20220227
Copyright 2003-2022, Intel Corporation.

I tried that link

stuck at Active Directory* Setup

I can't find Active Directory Users and Computers

so I tried setup that Fig1Fig1

I can't setup that....

Would using Windows 10 Home edition be a reason?

0 Kudos
TobiasK

@BackSunho regarding active directory setup I have to redirect you to MS support.

Best
Tobias

0 Kudos