Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Beginning With Parallel Programming

jatinderkaur
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I am new to parallel programming. Till now I have learned about CUDA( ||el programming language for NIVIDIA GPU) , OpenCL (for AMD streams, Nividia and Intel). I have installed AMD APP SDK on Windows and Fedora 16. But as I am not having Visua Studio for windows and some graphics incompatibility with fedora. I am trying OpenCL with Intel CPU.

I am having Intel i3 core processor.So I have installed Intel SDK for OpenCL on windows 7(64-bit). I am unable to run OpenCL samples as visual studio is not installed on my system.But I want to start with OpenCL programming using Intel Offline Compiler. I have read user guide and know how to build, show Assembly code etc. using it.

Now I need to know how to write OpenCL simple program code and to execute it using Offline Compile e.g. a simple vector addition code.Can anyone help me to find resource for guidance?

I have read and understood this:http://opencl.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=OpenCL%20Tutorials%20-%201

Still I didn't get how to run a comlete single program code in Intel Offline Compiler. I want to write and executable program.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting jatinderkaur
...Still I didn't get how to run a comlete single program code in Intel Offline Compiler. I want to write and executable program...

Hi,

What is a link to the Intel Offline Compiler?

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
jatinderkaur
Beginner
Thx for Reply Mr. Sergey Kostrov. Actually I was thinking that intel offline compiler can be used to execute ||el program. But now I get to know that I require MS-visual studio to execute any application.

Actually I am asking whether there is some alternative to MS-Visual studio for execution?
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting jatinderkaur
...Actually I am asking whether there is some alternative to MS-Visual studio for execution?

I'm a little bit confused by a term '...for execution'. Do you mean acompilation of sources?

Visual Studio is an Integrated Development Environment ( IDE ) and allows to do lots of things, like
editing, compilation and linking, debugging, profiling, etc.

You could also try to use Eclipse IDE.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos