Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Compilation Error for Intel Threading Tools

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
When I compile my code with /Qtcheck switch, Although the VTune and Thread checker is installed I get the following errors
(0) catastrophic error : tcheck10.ini not found; Intel threading tools must be installed
What can be the reason for this ?

Good days
Cem DEMiRKIR
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Henry_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Cem,

Are you compiling within Microsoft Visual Studio or from the command prompt? Is the C:Program FilesIntelVTune checkin directory in your PATH?

Henry

Message Edited by hagabb on 05-05-2006 09:37 AM

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I use VS 2003 with Intel 9.0. I built it form the project build button. Yes the directory is in my environment variables. It is saved as

"ITT_CHECK = d:programsIntelVTunecheck" and
"Path = %ITT_CHECK%in"

Cem
0 Kudos
David_M_Intel3
Employee

Hello Cem,

Please check the following items:

The path you listed omits a t in front of check. Typically the install uses tcheck. So a typical installation would list the following:

ITT_TCHECK=C:Program FilesIntelVTune check

Please check the Visual Studio settings. The following should be set:

In Visual Studio, go to Tools/Options/Projects/VC++ Directories

Drop-down Executables:

add C:Program FilesIntelVtuneAnalyzerin

Drop-down Libraries:

add C:Program FilesIntelVtuneAnalyzerlib

If check the box for automatically updatingenvironment when installing bothIntel compiler and Intel Thread Checker and the compiler is installed first, this is done automatically. If the automatic update box is not selected at install time or the compiler is installed after Intel Thread Checker then this needs to be set manually as indicated above.

Get quicker responses to support questions at https://premier.intel.com

-drm

0 Kudos