Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Intel does NOT allow installation of AMD APP SDK on KNL servers at Colfax International

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Subject: Intel does NOT allow installation of AMD APP SDK on KNL servers at Colfax International
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
There are three subjects in my post: anti-competition, corrupted business relations, sanctions against Crimea, Russia. I'd like to bring attention of top level managers of AMD, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, etc, corporations and another software companies, and software developers from around the world. I was NOT surprized, I was SHOCKED, when my access to a KNL server c002:n002 at Colfax International was disabled because I wanted to install AMD APP SDK that has an OpenCL runtime for CPUs only. I did NOT install the AMD APP SDK because I couldn't unpack an AMD-APP-SDK-v3.0-Linux64.tar.bz2 archive ( 195 MB ) due to some network issues. A "Master-Of-The-Universe" in that case is an Intel employee Mike Pierce who considers AMD APP SDK as a COMPATITIVE software product and because of this it is qualified as EVIL, or, possibly, as a SPYWARE from AMD.If Mike Pierce decided to punish me I get over it! Do not worry and I won't cry. I think in return AMD, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, etc, corporations and another software companies, should also consider retaliation actions against Intel Corporation and should NOT allow installations of different Intel software packages, like Intel C++ compiler, or Intel HD Graphics drivers, or Intel OpenCL SDK. My final message to Intel CEO is as follows: Sir, I think if Mike Pierce represents some official, or secret, or whatever, policy of Intel Corporation then your company is doomed. Another problem is with Colfax international. As far as I know Colfax International is in Intel hardware selling and software training business and there are some very questionable relations with Intel Corporations. In order to push Colfax International above all the rest competitors some time in 2013, or 2014, three Colfax International employees were awarded Intel Black Belt Software Developer ( IBBSD ) titles even if IDZ Community did NOT know these guys at all. After that these three IBBSDs were promoted to a level of Intel technologies experts. I'd like to inform you that in that case some fundamentals of a Western Democracy, like Truth, Honesty, Justice, Zero tolerance to Corruption were violated. These actions gave privilege to Colfax International over another companies of the same type of business and BROKE integrity of Intel Black Belt Software Developer program! And one more thing, Sir. I see that Intel Corporation imposed restrictions, aka sanctions, against Crimea, a region that re-unified with Russia in March 2014. I was born there and I lived there for 37 years! It doesn't matter what the US Gov't, or Fox News, or Msn.com, or Wiki, say about that. The All Crimean Referendum in March 2014 was 100% democratic, way more democratic when compared to the USA sponsored pseudo-democratic "elections" in Afghanistan! Crimea was the Russian land, Crimea is the Russian land, and IT WILL be the RUSSIAN LAND! Period. As an experienced C++ Software Engineer I inform you that my technical business with Intel Corporation is over.
0 Kudos