Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
1696 Discussions

Intel thread Checker for Fortran code with OpenMP implement

sxy
Beginner

Hi,

we have installed intel Thread Checker on our machine and setup the environment to run it.

To compile our Fortran code with thread checker features, I use compiler options for ifort

-c -free -fpp -O0 -g -openmp -tcheck

Link options,

-L/home/sxy/intel/itt/tcheck/bin/32e shared-intel l guide lpthread

There is no problem in compiling phase, but in linking, the error message is

undefined reference to `__kddc_run'

I then tried to compile primes.c which is supplied with intel thread checker. No problem at all.

It looks like `__kddc_run' is included in libassuret40.so.

I understand that intel thread checker supports intel fortan. What is your suggestion with this problem?

Thanks!

Sue

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
I would suggest you to add -openmp -tcheck to the link options as well (assuming you use ifort to link). It might be essential because both options assume a certain library to link with, and their combination is even more special. If you specify these options to the compiler front-end, it should ensure the required libraries are passed to the linker.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I would suggest you to add -openmp -tcheck to the link options as well (assuming you use ifort to link). It might be essential because both options assume a certain library to link with, and their combination is even more special. If you specify these options to the compiler front-end, it should ensure the required libraries are passed to the linker.

As Alexey hints, you must allow the libraries to be chosen consistent with -tcheck, rather than specifying specific non-checking libraries at link time.

0 Kudos