Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Microsoft Visual studio 2008 support OpenMp3.0?

zhangzhe65
Beginner
Please tell me whether Microsoft Visual studio 2008 supports OpenMp3.0 or not ? Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III
OpenMP 2.5 addresses primarily Fortran95, which is not supported in Microsoft OpenMP. The Intel OpenMP library, provided with Intel C++ and Fortran and with MKL libraries, supports most of OpenMP 3.0 and all OpenMP 2.0 syntax from Microsoft C++ VS2005 and 2008, as well as the Intel compilers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tudor
New Contributor I
Quoting - zhangzhe65
Please tell me whether Microsoft Visual studio 2008 supports OpenMp3.0 or not ? Thank you.

Nope, I'm using VS 2008 too and it only supports 2.5 .
0 Kudos
zhangzhe65
Beginner
Quoting - Tudor

Nope, I'm using VS 2008 too and it only supports 2.5 .
Please tell me which VS supports OpenMP 3.0? in OpenMP, 'for loop' use '#omp pragma parallel for' parallelise .but how does 'while loop' parallelise?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
OpenMP 2.5 addresses primarily Fortran95, which is not supported in Microsoft OpenMP. The Intel OpenMP library, provided with Intel C++ and Fortran and with MKL libraries, supports most of OpenMP 3.0 and all OpenMP 2.0 syntax from Microsoft C++ VS2005 and 2008, as well as the Intel compilers.
0 Kudos
catroz
Beginner
Quoting - zhangzhe65

thats a question i have been asking myself aswell, maybe its time to google it and stop being lazy.

Catroz
http://baixaquigratis.com
0 Kudos