Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhangzhe65
Beginner

Microsoft Visual studio 2008 support OpenMp3.0?

Jump to solution
Please tell me whether Microsoft Visual studio 2008 supports OpenMp3.0 or not ? Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Black Belt
OpenMP 2.5 addresses primarily Fortran95, which is not supported in Microsoft OpenMP. The Intel OpenMP library, provided with Intel C++ and Fortran and with MKL libraries, supports most of OpenMP 3.0 and all OpenMP 2.0 syntax from Microsoft C++ VS2005 and 2008, as well as the Intel compilers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tudor
New Contributor I
Quoting - zhangzhe65
Please tell me whether Microsoft Visual studio 2008 supports OpenMp3.0 or not ? Thank you.

Nope, I'm using VS 2008 too and it only supports 2.5 .
zhangzhe65
Beginner
Quoting - Tudor

Nope, I'm using VS 2008 too and it only supports 2.5 .
Please tell me which VS supports OpenMP 3.0? in OpenMP, 'for loop' use '#omp pragma parallel for' parallelise .but how does 'while loop' parallelise?
TimP
Black Belt
OpenMP 2.5 addresses primarily Fortran95, which is not supported in Microsoft OpenMP. The Intel OpenMP library, provided with Intel C++ and Fortran and with MKL libraries, supports most of OpenMP 3.0 and all OpenMP 2.0 syntax from Microsoft C++ VS2005 and 2008, as well as the Intel compilers.

View solution in original post

catroz
Beginner
Quoting - zhangzhe65

thats a question i have been asking myself aswell, maybe its time to google it and stop being lazy.

Catroz
http://baixaquigratis.com