Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

OpenMP Workqueuing Examples

xdoukas
Beginner
Hi,
I am doing my research on OpenMP runtime support and I am trying to find some benchmarksfor the OpenMP workqueuing execution model. Unfortunately, I cannot find any, although severalbenchmarkshave been reported in published papers and some used to be available(at KAI's ftp site, a long time ago).
I hope this is the right place to ask.
Thank you all,
Panagiotis
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ClayB
New Contributor I
Panagiotis -
Yes, you've come to the right place. I'm here at the old KAI site. If the benchmarks that you are asking about are anywhere, they should be somewhere around here. I'll ask around and post anything that I can find.
--clay
0 Kudos
ClayB
New Contributor I
Panagiotis -
Attached is one of the zip archives that have the (proposed) OpenMP Workqueue benchmarks. The next message will have a second one.
-- clay
0 Kudos
ClayB
New Contributor I
Second workqueue benchmark example.
0 Kudos
xdoukas
Beginner
Dear Clay,
Thank you very much. I am grateful for your interest.
Hopefully other people will find these examples useful too.
I expect so, since the workqueuing model will probably
become official part of the OpenMP standard.
Thanks again,
Panagiotis
0 Kudos
Henry_G_Intel
Employee
Hello Panagiotis,
These test programs were developed before KAI was acquired by Intel. You will need to change 'guidec' to 'icc -openmp' in the Makefiles. Because taskq is an Intel extension to OpenMP, you will also need to add 'intel' to the taskq pragmas, e.g.:
#pragma omp parallel taskq
becomes
#pragma intel omp parallel taskq
Let us know if you have any trouble getting these programs to work.
Best regards,
Henry
0 Kudos
xdoukas
Beginner
Hi,
Thanks for your interest. In fact, I was aware of that issue but other people may not. I encountered only one problem in thestrassen benchmark, where there is a nested taskq.My primary intention, however,was tohave someexamples ofthe model.
I am working on somesimilar applications that use these directives. As soon as I have them ready, I willpostthem here.
Panagiotis
0 Kudos