Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

Parallel API's

davidlofstrand
Beginner
Hello,
I'm working as a developer at a company where we develop surgical simulators.
About a year ago I tried out TBB in an experimental setup and was satisfied with the performance increases I gained in the test environment.
We use c++ as our main programming language for the simulation, our target OS is Windows 7 and we currently use intel processors.
Do you have any references where I can compare and read about different API choices concerning parallel programming?
I have used TBB just a littlle from the previous test but generally I just want to make sure that I know what I have to stick with when the time comes for me to make a technical choice.
Best Regards,
David
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tudor
New Contributor I
Hi,

There is a nice paper by Charles E. Leiserson and Ilya B. Mirman which introduces some of the available choices for parallel programming in section 5.

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~gilbert/cs140Win2011/cilk/How_to_Survive_the_Multicore_Software_Revolution.p...

This is just a small introduction which discusses each platform very briefly. You can then consult additional material on each of them.
davidlofstrand
Beginner
Thank you.
Will help as a starting point.
abdulahad1985
Beginner
Hi,
may be this link will be of some help
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...
>>Do you have any references where I can compare and read about different API choices
>>concerning parallel programming?
>>...

Please take a look at:

AMD's Accelerated Parallel Processing ( APP )technology

NVIDIA's GPU APIs & Cuda technology

Microsoft's C++ Accelerated Massive Parallelism ( AMP )technology

Best regards,
Sergey
Ashool_H_
Beginner
Please see the link for parallel programming in .net
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Samples-for-Parallel-b4b76364