Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Parallel API's

davidlofstrand
Beginner
Hello,
I'm working as a developer at a company where we develop surgical simulators.
About a year ago I tried out TBB in an experimental setup and was satisfied with the performance increases I gained in the test environment.
We use c++ as our main programming language for the simulation, our target OS is Windows 7 and we currently use intel processors.
Do you have any references where I can compare and read about different API choices concerning parallel programming?
I have used TBB just a littlle from the previous test but generally I just want to make sure that I know what I have to stick with when the time comes for me to make a technical choice.
Best Regards,
David
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tudor
New Contributor I
Hi,

There is a nice paper by Charles E. Leiserson and Ilya B. Mirman which introduces some of the available choices for parallel programming in section 5.

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~gilbert/cs140Win2011/cilk/How_to_Survive_the_Multicore_Software_Revolution.pdf

This is just a small introduction which discusses each platform very briefly. You can then consult additional material on each of them.
0 Kudos
davidlofstrand
Beginner
Thank you.
Will help as a starting point.
0 Kudos
abdulahad1985
Beginner
Hi,
may be this link will be of some help
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...
>>Do you have any references where I can compare and read about different API choices
>>concerning parallel programming?
>>...

Please take a look at:

AMD's Accelerated Parallel Processing ( APP )technology

NVIDIA's GPU APIs & Cuda technology

Microsoft's C++ Accelerated Massive Parallelism ( AMP )technology

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Ashool_H_
Beginner
Please see the link for parallel programming in .net