Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Saa3d please refrain from posting "likes" to old posts

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

While I do not wish to restrain you from meaningful comments on new threads, I do kindly ask that you do not post what amounts to a Facebook "like" to old threads. In doing so, this causes a great inconvenience to the contributors to the forum in the sense that we have to take some time to re-read old content in order to discover we did not need to re-read the thread. Scrolling to bottom of thread takes time. Too many of these "likes" conditions the valued responders to NOT read threads where your "like" is the last post. Unfortunately, if other poster had issues that they wished to discuss, then their issue might not receive a timely response. I ask again, please refrain from posting "likes".

Jim Dempsey
(I spend to much of my time on IDZ as it is. The additional 15 minutes or more to read your likes is a significant inconvenience.)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Artem_R_Intel1
Employee

Hi Jim,

It looks like there're multiple users with the same symptoms appeared recently on the forum, for example:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/user/1271648 (aya m.)
https://software.intel.com/en-us/user/1266178 (Saa3d)
https://software.intel.com/en-us/user/1223765 (Amr S.)

Not sure about their motivation (bots/spam/rating cheating/other).

I've reported to the forum's support (no feedback yet).

PS: 'like/dislike' button may be helpful for such cases.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I don't think this forum ever had an active moderator, either before or after the name change.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Hi,

We welcome you to this forum. Please feel free to ask and answer questions.

I am simply stating that by posting "Like"-like responses to forum threads, to 10's or 100's of threads, causes me and many others to review those threads. This is a significant waste of our time. This places us in the situation to elect to ignore threads with your posts. This has a detrimental effects that applies to you:

When you get around to posting a question that you need help on, the responders that could potentially help you, will likely not read your posting.

To get a feel of the inconvenience, go to the first page of this forum, look at your watch, write down the time, then scan all the forums for new content (since you started your likes), open each message where you are the last respondent, scan the messages, only to find there is nothing meaningfully, then exit the thread and go on to the next thread with your response, open, repeat. When you are done with the entire Forum, look at your watch again. The time you spend doing this, is the inconvenience time your are imposing (inflicting) upon the readers of this forum.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Jim

One of the option behind "like" response message is probably to increase point count.

0 Kudos