Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
1696 Discussions

Thread Checker and DYNAMIC libraries (using of dlopen() function)

sag_dnepr
Beginner
I have some problem with Thread Checker. My project compiled icc (Intel C++ Compiler 11.1) with -tcheck options. And when it (project) started it was hang up while load dynamic library with dlopen(). Some libraries loading fine, but loading of some libraries leaks to hang up of application. It was any time when i starting application.

BTW without -tcheck option all works fine (all dynamic libraries loaded fine).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roman_D_Intel
Employee
Quoting - sag_dnepr
I have some problem with Thread Checker. My project compiled icc (Intel C++ Compiler 11.1) with -tcheck options. And when it (project) started it was hang up while load dynamic library with dlopen(). Some libraries loading fine, but loading of some libraries leaks to hang up of application. It was any time when i starting application.

BTW without -tcheck option all works fine (all dynamic libraries loaded fine).

You may try to preload these problematic libraries with the help of LD_PRELOAD environment variable when starting your application. It might help, but I am not sure.

Instead of starting your application as "./your_application_binary your_application_parameters" try this:

LD_PRELOAD=problematic_lib1.so:problematic_lib2.so:$LD_PRELOAD ./your_application_binary your_application_parameters

0 Kudos