cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Audio Driver keeps asking to install - intermittent cut out of display

Each time I boot I'm being asked to install the following:

Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for NUC10i7FN, NUC10i5FN, NUC10i3FN

All seems installed ok.

Also experiencing an intermittent cut out of the display - goes to black then starts up ok. No idea if connected or not. Same monitor and cable works ok on a Lenovo laptop.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. This once, download and install your driver manually:
  2. Download the latest DCH Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.8190 (yes this is the latest DCH Graphics Driver).
  3. Disconnect the internet.
  4. Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software from this device" option.
  5. Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
  6. Now, install previously downloaded driver 26.20.100.8190
  7. Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
  8. Next, install the latest Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Version: 6.0.8791.1 (unzip the archive and double click on Setup.exe)

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Leon! Just so I'm sure, which Adapters should I be looking in in Device Manager?Is it the Display Adapter and RealTek Audio ones? Can't see others but want to be sure 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

You need to uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver only, in the Display Adapter section. Do not uninstall the Realtek Driver.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leon, I've installed both drivers, and I think it's fixed the cutting out to black - not seen it yet. However I still get the annoying prompt to update the audio driver, even though it's correctly installed. Even tried deleting it and reinstalling and I still got the same message.

RussellInstall Driver.pngDriver RealTek.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi Russel,

Similar problem with the Realtek Driver was already reported in this forum. I didn't saw any real solution yet. Is your Windows updated to version 1909?

Please clear the Internet Browser cache.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leon, yes I tried clearing the cache. Installing 1909 now - saw some flicker / cutout this morning, will see if the update resolves it.

Russell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello Russell,

Please also review this post.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Cheers Leon, I saw that one earlier but it didn't all make sense - it does now so will try to do the clean uninstall they mention.

Also,been in contact with BenQ and it looks like I need to get a fully HDMI 2.0 cable to run at 60 HZ, keeps on switching back to 59 HZ, so my cable is not supporting 4K, hence most likely cause of the issues with the screen.

Russell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leon, I uninstalled the driver updater and reinstalled it - that's fixed the annoying reminder. Had a Windows update though and it installed an earlier driver, which the system now tells me is the best one to use. Still getting the refresh rate revert back to 59 HZ when I reboot.

Update - Intel.png

driver intel.png

Intel display.png

May start a new thread in the Display section.

Russell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

btw, using new 60 HZ 4K HDMI cable now - arrived today, mega quick from eBay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

May have worked out why it's resetting - uninstalled an old version of the Display Pilot for the BenQ monitor....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi Russell,

1. The Microsoft Catalog is not updated since the latest driver in NUC10ixFNx download page is version 26.20.100.8141.
  2. I recommend you to download and manually install the latest DCH Driver Version: 27.20.100.8190 as this driver is Windows 10 May 2020 Update Ready (which will appear very shortly). You may install this driver directly over version 26.20.100.7755 (no need to uninstalling).
  3. I hope that Microsoft will be updated in the nearest future.
  4. You may stop the Windows to downgrade the Graphics Driver using Microsoft Show Hide Tool.

Leon

0 Kudos