Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSmit31
Beginner

Can anyone tell me if the following SSD is compatible with the NUC8i7HVK? addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 Solid State Drive with Read 3400 MB/s/Write 3000 MB/s

My concern is I don't see the notch on the top to allow it to be secured. I can't tell in the attached image if it's covered up by some sort of packaging.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello CSmit31, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. To find more information about compatible tested peripherals, please refer to the following support links: 1. Compatible tested peripherals. http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... 2. ark.intel.com https://ark.intel.com/products/126143/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HVK This unit supports M.2 storage modules supporting M.2 2242 and 2280 (key type M) modules. To get specific information about the SSD packaging, please refer to the manufacturer. Hopefully, other community members will provide more information about this issue. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
MLevi
Valued Contributor I

CSmit31,

The compatibility questions, when answered by Intel, will always have the disclaimer of Intel can only recommend Intel tested reviews in their answers.

Will the SSD work with the NUC8i7HVK, most likely.

As for the notch at the top used to secure down the M.2. it's a manufacturing standard and should be part of the design, and likely underneath the wrapping.

I cannot find a single picture that shows it uncovered. You can ask the question on Amazon and perhaps someone can answer you there.

Mike

LeonWaksman
Super User

I suspect that this drive has not compatible mount (i.e. it doesn't have a notch for screw). I can see two other SSD in addlink site: S80 and X70 - see the attached images, where this notch is clearly visible.

Leon