Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKutr
Beginner

HDMI Audio drops - any actual fix?

I have seen all the HDMI audio drop issues in this forum. I am experiencing the the same thing on a brand new NUC - 7i7DNKE. The audio device gets a red X and goes away. This happens when I switch between playing video in one media player and switching to Edge to use Netflix pretty consistently.

I followed all the driver reinstall and updates in this forum. I tried to work through this with Simply NUC as well, and all that's left is returning this thing. Super disappointed.

Anyone from Intel have a non-corporate speak bottom line on this issue that's been around forever? Otherwise, I have no choice but to return the NUC which sadly I pre-ordered and waited a month to get.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello andyk_,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I apologize for any inconvenience your are experiencing. To make sure that you can make the most out of our product, I can definitely provide further help. If it is fine with you, I would like to get additional information to address your issue properly.

Please attach a picture of the error message you get when the issue happens and let me know how you are connecting your Intel® NUC.

Also, please scan your unit using the DxDiag tool. Follow the steps below:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

It is worth mentionting that your feedback is highly appreciated.

Wanner G.
JKell20
Novice

I have the same issue on my NUC7i3BNH... Audio drops randomly, a restart resolves it for a short bit. Running @ 4K 60hz through Yamaha A770 AVR to a Sony 930e. All cables are 2.0b Spec. I believe this is all do to faulty firmware on the internal DP to HDMI converter chipset in the box. To resolve this I ordered a Club3D mDP to HDMI 2.0a(or B... it says both actually) active converter. This will remove the internal HDMI chipset from the equation. But as you can see from other threads there have been issues around audio dropouts on NUCs since gen 6, and its not getting resolved.

The latest firmware for the HDMI chipset from 11/1/2017 enabled HDR but didnt resolve the overall audio drop issues.

idata
Community Manager

Hello clegg1978,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

The first step I would like to take to fix this issue is check if your unit is up to date.

Also, I would like to gather basic system information. Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello andyk_ and clegg1978,

I am writing to follow up on your inquiries.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
JKell20
Novice

I have not seen this resolved - there are some other threads going on with these problems as well in these forums. Attached is the Support doc I generated.

I have tested driver versions, HDMI cables, different resolutions and refresh rates (30hz vs 60hz @ 4K), etc... Nothing has fixed this.

Another thread I am working on with this problem is here:

idata
Community Manager

Hello clegg1978,

Thank you for your response.

The information provided on the other thread has been forwarded to the proper department for further research. We will continue providing the updates on the other thread.

Wanner G.