Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

Intel Driver & Support Assistant stuck on Scanning Your System

Driver & Support Assistance is stuck on Scanning Your System and I don't have any logs at all so I don't know why it is stuck.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please clean the Internet Browser cache.

Leon

B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

OK, I'll try clearing the cache and see if that works.

B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

OK, I have cleared my internet cache and the problem is still occurring.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Please uninstall the IDSA, using IDSA Uninstaller. Reboot your computer and install the latest IDSA.

Leon

FrankH3K
Beginner

This is an ongoing issue with IDSA (yes, I have cleared my browser cache, uninstalled/re-installed IDSA - same result) - the only solution that has worked for me is in this post by tns49:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/IDSA-still-in-an-endless-scan-v20-11-50-9/m-p/1239149/high... 

Basically, disconnect any external USB drives and re-scan.

Intel should really fix this bug.

B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

I don't have any external USB drives, but I do have one USB mouse.

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

If any of the recommendations provided by fellow community members so far haven’t made any difference, please generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to your next response.

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

* Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

Also, attach the following log files:

1.        The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log

2.        The latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant log files: using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder.

Note: Uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder.

Show hidden files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

Here's the logs. I find it typically breaks itself within two days or longer. I just don't know why it keeps doing this now when it didn't before.

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

We would like to let you know that we have released a new version of the IDSA can you please test it out and let us know if the issue persists.

1. Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller version 21.1.5.2.

2. Restart and run the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 21.1.5.2.

Regards,

Victor G.

B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

Will do, Victor. I'll try to let you know if this issue persists. If it does persist, I won't hesitate to post the logs.

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

Take your time with it, we will be waiting for your outcome.

Regards,

Victor G.

B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

Well, the issue happened again. Logs and SSU summary is attached.

I'm getting frustrated that this keeps happening. Uninstalling and reinstalling only to have it break 2-3 days later.

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

We are really surprised that the updated version didn’t fix the issue that it was meant to fix, but we are absolutely willing to present this to the developer team of our tool to see what else we could possibly recommend at this point; however, please let me know before proceeding if you have already tried the steps down below after installing the latest version and if you did don’t worry we’ll go directly to the developer’s team to present your situation with the latest logs provided but, in case you didn’t try them please do and provide one final set of logs in case the issue persists so we can move forward.

Steps:

• Make sure you are using a compatible browser to run the tool

Note: Chrome*, Firefox*, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer). Find out how to check your version of Edge.

• Clear browser’s cache

• Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller version 21.1.5.2.

• Restart and run the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version 21.1.5.2.

Regards,

Victor G.

B727ClassicFlye
Beginner

I have cleared cache and everything on the 24th when I first presented the issue, and even then it still does it.

Uninstalling and reinstalling a day later using the DSA Uninstaller and everything (even though they are the latest version) still produces the same effect.

Chrome version is Version 88.0.4324.150.

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

We appreciate the information, will present this to the developer team of our tool to see what else we can recommend, and, we will update this thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

We appreciate all the logs provided; however, when the developer team was reviewing the files they realize that we only have the installer and uninstaller logs; therefore, we are still missing the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant log files from the C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA location, to get them please use the file explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or the entire folder.

Note: Uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder.

Show hidden files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

Regards,

Victor G.

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

We have not heard back from you.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  

Victor G. 

Victor_G_Intel

Hello B727ClassicFlye,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored 

Victor G.