Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel NUC8i5BEH does not power up after firmware update

I was planning on moving the NUC an thought to do a bit of maintenance on it. I opened it up to remove some dust be realised that it would be a lot of work to remove all the dust, so after removing the SSD I placed everything back again.

I decided to update the BIOS from version 73 to the latest version, 83. I put the .bio file on a flash drive and updated it from 73 to 83, it updated successfully. Then I booted it up. It started loading Proxmox that was installed on the SSD. I hear the CPU fan spin up and after 2 seconds I hear a click and the device is dead. No light from the power button. I used my multimeter to check the power adapter and that seems to work fine delivering 19V. I tried to boot it without RAM or SSD installed, but nothing works.

Any ideas? How could it have bricked itself after a bios update?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello KMVN

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We have received your internal request to close this thread. We also noticed that you have an internal support case regarding the same question/behavior in this thread and you are currently being assisted through the internal support case.

Having said that and as per your request, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos