Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrinalSena
Beginner

Is ubuntu can be installed in intel NUC NUC8i7HNKQC mini pcs ? what is the GPU specification as it is not mentioned specifically in the description ?

Tags (1)
8 Replies
martmann
New Contributor I

Don't know about ubuntu, but the CPU is 8th generation (but not really 8th gen) Core i7-8705G (with Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics).

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You will need to look for installation instructions in the Ubuntu and Linux forums. This level of Linux support is not offered here.

Sorry,

...S

MrinalSena
Beginner

i just want to know if the system is compatible with ubuntu Linux , because i heard that some of the mini pcs are not compatible with ubuntu Linux.

BHerf
Beginner

That's a fair and reasonable question to ask in this forum. I am surprised that your have been told to ask the question is Ubuntu / Linux forums. I wpould think that SOMEONE would be able to give you an indication as to whether Linux is compatible with this hardware platform. At the time of the release of my NUC7i7BNH, Linux was not compatible with this device, although 18 months it could now be and even I don't know for certain.

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello MrinalSena, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. We do not support the use of Linux*, the support is not provided by us but directly with the distribution's support forums. While it may be possible to install the operating system in the Intel ® NUC, it is not within the supported operating systems. You can check the link below for more information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/mini-pcs.html Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
mrmitch9
Novice

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Thanks Mitch. Good article and good information!

...S

AlHill
Super User

Another option is to run Linux (Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, SLES, Kali Linux, Debian GNU/Linux) under Windows 10:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

Doc