I updated the BIOS from 0037 to 0059 and now (A7) Me FW - Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed appears at startup.
Also, now sometimes I cannot power on the NUC, I have to reconnect the AC power.
I tried to no avail:
-Disabling Secure Boot
-Disabling Legacy Boot
-Clean install of Win10 RS5
-Install the latest Intel ME drivers
-Resetting the BIOS to defaults.
I assume an ME Firmware update would resolve it but I cannot see an ME firmware listed in the drivers list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/89187/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK
Please update your bios using bios recovery method with secure jumper removed:
Bios Recovery with Security Jumper removed: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html
1.Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios file KY0059.bio https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28360/BIOS-Update-KYSKLi70-86A-?product=89187 . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.
2. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom cover from your NUC.
3. Remove the yellow security jumper (see Product Technical Spec, para. 184.108.40.206, page 39 ) and close the bottom cover. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/NUC6i7KYK_TechProdSpec.pdf
4. Insert the USB with the KY0059.bio file.
5. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
6. When bios recovery completed, switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2)
7. Power your NUC ON.
Hope this will help