Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saitama
Beginner

NUC8i7HVK - can't play some movies

I'm having problem playing some movies.. audio plays fine but can't see anything(only get flashing black screen).

Don't know much about video codec, but it seems like all the movies with "Decoded format: Planar 4:4:4 YUV 10-bit LE" have this issue.

But they worked fine on my PC(i7 8700K, GTX1080), all movies are .mkv file and I'm using latest VLC Player(3.0.5).

Anyone else have same issue? or know the solution? Thanks

Example of a movie that doesn't work:

https://erai-raws.info/anime-list/fate-apocrypha/

p.s. bit more info..

Movies with Video Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) & Audio Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) = works fine.

Movies with Video Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) & Audio Codec: FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) (flac) = some works, some doesn't.

Decoded format: Planar 4:4:4 YUV 10-bit LE = doesn't work

Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV 10-bit LE = works

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What is your hardware configuration ( M.2 brand and models, RAM brand and models, display model and video cables model) • Does this behavior happens with every video/movie with decoded format: Planar 4:4:4 YUV 10-bit LE? • Could you provide me with another video example with the same behavior? • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. • Provide me with the Radeon™ Vega graphics reposts following these steps to get the display specs report with the Radeon™ Vega settings: 1- Right click on the desktop. 2- Select the Radeon™ Vega settings. 3- Go to display (you should be able to see connected displays) 4- Select specs. 5- Select copy all. 6- Paste the information on a notepad with the name of the display that it belongs to. 7- Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 for other displays. 8- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 9- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Saitama
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for the reply, but I still have same problem. i.e. can't play those videos.

Here is link for another video that doesn't play.

https://erai-raws.info/anime-list/nanatsu-no-taizai-imashime-no-fukkatsu/

I've also attached two files(Intel SSU and Radeon Vega report) as you requested.

Regards,

O̶n̶e̶ ̶P̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶ Saitama

Saitama
Beginner

posted a file.
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama Thank you for the information. Allow me to investigate the behavior that you are reporting with the videos you have shared. • Are you doing the testing streaming the videos or do you download the videos? • If you are streaming the videos what browser are you using? Does the same behavior happen in other browser? • If the videos are downloaded what software are you reproducing the videos? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Saitama
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

• Are you doing the testing streaming the videos or do you download the videos?  I just download videos.

• If you are streaming the videos what browser are you using? Does the same behavior happen in other browser? not applicable

• If the videos are downloaded what software are you reproducing the videos? I used VLC Player v3.0.5, now I use VLC Player v3.0.6.

I don't think it's my system or setup, but NUC8i7HVK itself. I have all the latest drivers installed.

Do you also have NUC8i7HVK? if yes, can you play these videos?

https://erai-raws.info/anime-list/fate-apocrypha/

https://erai-raws.info/anime-list/nanatsu-no-taizai-imashime-no-fukkatsu/

I would be curious to know if anyone else with NUC8i7HVK can play these videos..

Thanks

Saitama

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama Thank you for the information, allow me to look into these behavior. I will be posting back when news becomes available Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama Thank you for waiting. Have you tested the videos you have shared on a different media player? I am wondering because I tested the videos on an Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK with Intel® HD graphics 630 driver version 25.20.100.6519 (lasted driver version for the Intel® HD graphics controller), Radeon™ RX Vega M GH graphics driver version 24.20.11026.2001 (the same version installed in your system) and I did had the same behavior using VLC 3.0.6 but once I tested the same videos on MPC-HC 1.7.13 the videos work fine. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama I was checking your case and would like to know if you have tested the videos with another media player? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Saitama I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation