Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21077 Discussions

Asssasin's Creed Mirage GPU glitches

viktr
Novice

* UPDATE.

It was only after I uploaded this question, that I noticed a driver version mismatch. After some investigation I have found out, that instead of .5444 version I only have .4502.

Don't know why, but it looks like Windows did me a favor and installed a 9 months old version of a GPU driver for me.

So now with an updated driver the game works just fine.

So I've launched the Asssasin's Creed Mirage, and only menu works fine, but not the actual game, nor the benchmark.

What I see in game is basically shown on the screenshot.

I also captured a short video with the game settings and this behavior.

I've got SPARKLE A770 with everything set to defaults.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RamyerM_Intel

Hello viktr, 

Thank you for sharing us the logs. As a workaround for windows automatically installing the updates, I highly recommend installing the latest graphics driver version over the version Windows* update installed. Make sure you do not uninstall the version Windows* Update previously installed. If this does not work, you may follow this steps instead: 

1. Download the 31.0.101.5444
  2. Click the Download button to download the .exe file.
  3. Run the downloaded .exe.
  4. During the installation process, when you reach the Install stage, click the Customize button.
  5. Make sure not to enable the Execute a clean installation check box.
  6. After finishing the driver installation, click the Optional reboot button

You may also refer to this article for reference: Windows* Update Keeps Rolling Back Graphics Driver to a Previous Version

Once you do, please let us know if the same issue still occurs with the game Assassins' Creed Mirage. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello viktr, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. In order to help you, please share with us the specifications of your system. Better yet, you can share with us the SSU logs. Additionally, when you run the benchmark included in the game, is it below 20% as well? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
viktr
Novice

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Here are the SSU logs you requested.

I have updated my original post with information on this issue. It was a driver version issue.

Specifically, my Windows decided it knows better and installed an older version of the driver. And it keeps on doing it via the Windows Update service.

I have paused Winodws updates for now and also reported a bug to Microsoft, hoping they would (they wouldn't, their forums are full of posts with the exact same issue) work on it from their side.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello viktr, 

Thank you for sharing us the logs. As a workaround for windows automatically installing the updates, I highly recommend installing the latest graphics driver version over the version Windows* update installed. Make sure you do not uninstall the version Windows* Update previously installed. If this does not work, you may follow this steps instead: 

1. Download the 31.0.101.5444
  2. Click the Download button to download the .exe file.
  3. Run the downloaded .exe.
  4. During the installation process, when you reach the Install stage, click the Customize button.
  5. Make sure not to enable the Execute a clean installation check box.
  6. After finishing the driver installation, click the Optional reboot button

You may also refer to this article for reference: Windows* Update Keeps Rolling Back Graphics Driver to a Previous Version

Once you do, please let us know if the same issue still occurs with the game Assassins' Creed Mirage. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
viktr
Novice

Thanks for the advice.\

I have allready come up with a different workaround.

After Windows update installed it's driver, I went to the Device manager and did a Rollback for the GPU driver, after which it returned back the actual Intel version I want.

The downside of it is that after I installed a newer version that was released today, Windows update did his dirty trick again, so I had to repeat the scenario.

As I can see, there is no issue with the game Assasins Creed.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello viktr,

I am sorry to hear about that. Were you able to try my recommendation? If you do, does it still keep rolling back to the previous driver? 

I am happy to hear that there are no issues with your game right now. Just to make sure we are on the same page, can you please specify the driver version that fixed the glitches? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
viktr
Novice

Can't say if it really works, will try next time if Windows rolls me back again with driver version.

The game works fine, here's the screenshot of benchmark stats.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello viktr, 

Thank you for responding back to us. Seeing that you are having some doubts if the troubleshooting we recommended work, do you want to keep on monitoring your system for a while? This way we can be sure that this issue is fully resolved. We may also close your case for now and you can create a new post if the issue arises again in the future. Let me know which one you prefer. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
viktr
Novice

I had to reinstall drivers and tried the method described above.

It works fine.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello viktr, 

Thank you for trying out our recommendation. Since it works fine in your system, we will proceed in closing this case for now. Should you need assistance in the future, feel free to create a new post as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos