Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

10 Minutes boottime (black screen) since optane is enabled

JBrus1
Beginner

Hello!

I was able to install and enable the 32GB optane memory without problems.

But now everytime i boot up i´m stuck at the black screen "Enablement phase 1 of 2 progress:" screen for about 10 Minutes.

Then the two phases count to 100% in short time and the pc goes to the OS login screen.

Besides it doesn´t matter if i hit a key to stop the enablement process, cause theres no reaction to it.

I already installed/uninstalled all components a few times, deleted the optane ssd via diskpart.

Checked if all settings are correct in BIOS.

...to no avail...

Any Ideas?

Mainboard is Asus Apex with BIOS 0906.

Thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jefferson2017,

We understand you're encountering the initial enablement screen whenever you boot up once system acceleration has been enabled. This screen should only come up after the first reboot, and even then shouldn't take so long to complete.

We are going to look into this. Please continue monitoring this thread, we'll let you know once we have troubleshooting steps for you or if we need more information.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JBrus1
Beginner

Hello again,

the longer i work with optane enabled, the more the boottime does increase...

Last boot was about 1,5 hours. Same problem. No reaction to pressing any button. Just the black screen

stating "Enablement phase 1 of 2 progress:"...

Then it suddenly counts up the percentage and boots to OS.

Maybe this aditional information helps... for finding a solution. Optane is paired with a 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

Got it! ->

There were old drivers left (changed motherboard but did not delete the old drivers)

-Deleted Asmedia HDD controller drivers

-Deleted USB Etron 3.0 drivers

-Deleted Samsung Magician Software

-Did a repair- Install of the intel optane memory software

Optane is now working as intended

Thanks

Jefferson2017

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jefferson2017,

This is very concerning. We have not ran into any remotely similar issues aside from yours. In order to investigate this issue we would like to have the following:

1. Are you using the Optane™ Software, or the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology to enable system acceleration?
  2. Please share a screenshot of what our software looks like with Optane™ enabled (after one of these boot up issues).
  3. Please share with us your Optane logs: "IntelOptaneMemory.log" which can be found under C:\Intel\Logs\.
  4. Please download and run our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility System Support Utility. Upload this report as well.
  5. If possible, a screenshot of Disk Management (Windows Key + R > diskmgmt.msc > OK) with Optane™ Memory enabled and disabled.

Disregard that. We're very relieved to hear that your issue has been resolved!

If you're still curious as to what the actual culprit was, you can always test by installing the things on this final list one at a time with a reboot in between. If you figure it out, do let us know. However, we won't blame you if you just call it a day.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos