Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Black screen after installing

RSmyc
Beginner

Hello. I have a problem with installing intel optane memory to my laptop Hp pavilion power 15-cb003nc. I have been checked compatibility list and it is seem to be all alright. I bought Intel Optane Memory 32GB and inserted it to M.2 slot. Windows booted up normally then i installed intel optane memory software (there is not been note about compatibility problem). After installation was system shouting down and i had only black screen. When i turn off pc and than turn on there is only black screen still. When i try go to bios settings, it is freeze. I had to reflash my bios a than finally booted up, but intel optane application wrote error that i have to set SATA conntroller to intel RST premium, but in bios i have not this option.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi RSmyc,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The Intel® Optane™ Memory requires the system to be configured in Intel® RST Premium mode, otherwise it will not work properly. This setting should be set in BIOS, as well as other settings, however the BIOS configuration depends on the system itself.

Since you are using a laptop, I highly recommend you to contact the manufacturer to get better assistance configuring the proper settings in BIOS to setup the module. If you cannot change the SATA controller mode, it may be possible that your system is not compatible, or that you have to update the BIOS version.

Configuring a laptop system is not the same as configuring a desktop computer, there might be special features or settings at BIOS or OS level that we are not aware of, so that’s the reason why we always recommend to contact the manufacturer to get better assistance configuring the module, especially if what it’s needed is a BIOS update.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DiegoV_Intel

Hi RSmyc,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

The Intel® Optane™ Memory requires the system to be configured in Intel® RST Premium mode, otherwise it will not work properly. This setting should be set in BIOS, as well as other settings, however the BIOS configuration depends on the system itself.

Since you are using a laptop, I highly recommend you to contact the manufacturer to get better assistance configuring the proper settings in BIOS to setup the module. If you cannot change the SATA controller mode, it may be possible that your system is not compatible, or that you have to update the BIOS version.

Configuring a laptop system is not the same as configuring a desktop computer, there might be special features or settings at BIOS or OS level that we are not aware of, so that’s the reason why we always recommend to contact the manufacturer to get better assistance configuring the module, especially if what it’s needed is a BIOS update.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos