Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1353 Discussions

Can I use Intel Optane Memory with SSD

Vijay_Meena
New User

My Acer Predator PH315-51-785W have stock 2TB HDD and 16GB optane memory(INTEL MEMPEK1J016GA).Recently my hard disk has started acting funny. So I have decided to upgrade it to 1TB SSD.

My question is will SSD work fine with optane memory, will I face any problem since optane memory are designed for HDD

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm assuming that the new 1TB SSD is a SATA type SSD. In this case the Optane Memory should work with it. However, I suggest that you should discard the discontinued Optane Memory. Optane Memory M10 series is an NVMe drive installed in PCIe slot. Instead of the Optane Memory, you may buy a real NVMe drive and migrate the contents of the SATA SSD to the NVMe SSD. You may use the SATA SSD for saving data (like documents, pictures, videos,.etc...).

Additional information to answer your question you may find here.

Leon

0 Kudos
Vijay_Meena
New User

My laptop is 5 year old so I don't want to pour too much money on it.
I am going to buy SATA SSD, So even if i don't remove Optane, it will not cause any problems??

0 Kudos
RyanFeeko
New Contributor II

Hey @Vijay_Meena I found another thread forum which related with your query.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Optane-Memory/Intel-Optane-Sata-SSD/m-p/1602696#M8860

Should no issue optane + SSD. Please have a look.

Hope this may helps....

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi Vijay_Meena,

Thank you for trusting Intel with your business. As with all good things, your product has reached the end of its interactive technical support life. However, you can find Intel Optane Memory recommendations at Intel Community forums and additional information at the Discontinued Products website. 

For your reference related to this product, you may want to explore link below that might answer your question:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025074/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Since this product is end of its interactive support life, we unable to provide further assistance thus we will proceed with case closure. It is our pleasure to continue to serve you with the next generation of Intel innovation at Intel.com.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos