Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Can't Install Optane Memory

JRodr41
Beginner

I am trying to install intel optane memory 32 gb. However whenever I download the drivers it says I can't install it with Rapid Storage Technology. I don;t really know what rapid storage tech is. Anyone have a solution? Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Yoshuga,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities.

According to what you mentioned, it looks like that you have already the RST application installed in your system. There are two applications that you can use to manage the Intel® Optane™ Memory. These applications are the Intel® RST User Interface and the Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface. Both applications include the RST driver which is required for the module to work properly, however you cannot install both of them.

If you are trying to install one of these applications and you are getting that message is because you should have one of them already installed. I recommend you to check if you have indeed one of them already in your system.

In case you want to check and confirm which application is the one you are trying to install and which is the one that you may already have installed in your system, please check the following site where both applications can be downloaded: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99745/Intel-Optane-Memory

You can confirm which one you have installed by checking the Programs and Features list in Windows*. One way to open Programs and Features is by pressing the Windows key + r and typing appwiz.cpl. Then click OK and the window should appear.

I hope this information clarifies your concern. If you have additional questions, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Yoshuga,

I'd like to know if you still need help with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, or if you were able to set it up.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos