Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

Can't enable the Optane memory in H20

Kevin_Zhou
Beginner

I was trying to activate the Optane Memory but got an error code like this

Screenshot 2023-11-06 031537.png

Screenshot 2023-11-06 031506.png

I followed the instructions in the link below one by one and still got the same error code as before.

Compatibility Error Message for Intel® Optane™ Memory 

At first, I thought there might be some hidden setting I should do before enabling the Optane so I contacted the Asus Support team and they told me to switch the Optane to another M.2 slot. Since there are only two M.2 slots, I simply changed it to the other one but the problem remained the same.

Then I thought maybe the Bios does not support the Optane Memory, so I looked into the Bios file. The laptop I am using is an Asus Zephyrus M16 model GU603ZM. The link to download the Bios is shown below.

ROG Zephyrus M16 BIOS & FIRMWARE 

After searching for the hex code in the firmware, I found this firmware should support the Intel Optane Memory.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 160250.png

So I contacted the Asus Tech support team, and they asked me to contact Intel directly for further help. 

What else can I do to enable the Optane Memory?

Ps: The following is the driver's information.Screenshot 2023-11-06 031517.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Kevin_Zhou,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

In order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Can you confirm if you tried to re-install the Intel Memory Application from the store?

Also can you please confirm if the M.2 is a SATA based boot drives?

We would suggest you to go thru below similar cases:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Optane-Memory/I-can-t-Enable-Intel-Optane-Memory-I-ve-tried-everything/m-p/599410

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Optane-Memory/Win-10-app-won-t-enable-Optane/m-p/645091

Please let us know the outcome after you have checked it and will be happy to assist if any other troubleshooting required for this issue.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Kevin_Zhou
Beginner

Hello Hayat,

Thanks for your reply! 

I've already re-installed the Intel Memory Application from the Microsoft store several times, and I even reinstalled my system.

I think the 2 M.2 slots in the system are all NVMe-based drives.

Thanks for your suggestions but after checking step-by-step from the previous two cases, my problem remained the same. 

I think I didn't say it clearly, but my Optane drive is Intel Optane H20, and you can see the spec below:

Intel® Optane™ Memory H20 with Solid-State Storage 

Since the seller accepted my refund request, I've already sent it back to the seller so currently I don't have the Optane H20 right now. 

Even though I still don't know how to solve this problem I guess you can close this case because I no longer have the Optane H20. 

I added the Intel® System Support Utility result below, maybe this can help someone else in the future.

Still, thanks for your help!

Kevin

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Kevin_Zhou

Thank you for your response.

Since you don't have the H20 with you. No further investigations can be proceed right now. We will try our best to help you solve any issues if you have in future.

Thus, we will proceed to close the thread since you requested the same.

Once the thread is closed, it will no longer be monitored by Intel.. Kindly reopen a new thread if you have any other queries, we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Regards

Hayat

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos