Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Cannot load windows 10 onto optane card

Kn
Beginner

Hi. I have a Gigabyte z270xp-sli motherboard which has a 16gb intel optane card in it. I need to reinstall Windows 10 onto this machine but when on the setup screen for windows installation, optane card is not to be found. I am currently booting from a USB drive which has the recovery ISO on it and have changed settings in BIOS to UEFI.

Please let me know what can be done.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi kavs,

If I understood you well, you would like to install Windows 10 into the Intel® Optane™ memory, right? If that's case, then I have to tell you that, even though it's theoretically possible to do it that way, it's not recommended and it's not a supported configuration. The Intel Optane™ memory is designed to accelerate a bootable SATA drive where you are supposed to have installed the Windows OS.

This means that you have to install Windows 10 in your SATA drive first and then, you can configure the Intel® Optane™ memory to accelerate that SATA drive.

Please let me know if this information clarifies your concern.

Once you have installed Windows OS in your SATA drive, you can check the following guide and videos about how to setup the Intel® Optane™ memory in your system. If you have any doubts about them, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kavs,

I was wondering if you still need help setting up Intel® Optane™ memory in your system. If so, please let me know if you already followed the instructions from the links that I shared with you previously.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
Kn
Beginner

Hi,

I have not solved this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kavs,

I already posted a response in your new thread: https://communities.intel.com/thread/126810 https://communities.intel.com/thread/126810.

Please check it and continue the support there to avoid confusions.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos